Mind Meld 53 | Anxiety is the Dizziness of Freedom with YOSHINO
Yoshino is an artist, photographer and director and the host of the Artist Decoded podcast.
LISTEN | ITUNES YOUTUBE ARCHIVE STITCHER
“I go fishing for a thousand monsters in the depths of my own soul.”
Ignite your inspiration wicks future gods, because this mind meld is all about diving into the abyss and emerging victorious from the murk of existential uncertainty.
There are myriad reasons why I really vibe with this conversation. However, the topic of free will is what really coats this chat in a uniquely delicious philosophical sheen. Yes, plenty of modern-day rationalists dismiss free will as a fantasy. But if it doesn’t exist, what do we have? What then is the engine of our self-improvement? How do we take control of our lives, forge our paths, make our decisions and generally blast the beauty and singular uniqueness of our individuality and creativity into reality if not via the ritual of our fortitude?
SUPPORT THIRD EYE DROPS and GET REWARDS on PATREON!
Musings in this mind meld include –
- If we don’t have free will, what do we have? How do achieve our achieve anything?
- The slim division between success and mediocrity
- Martial arts and perspective
- Kierkegaard and the leap of faith
- Don’t be a sacrifice for someone else’s passion
- The magic of meat-space communions
- MIND/WAVE L.A.