MIND MELDS 1 & 2 | The Technology of Creation with Android Jones
If you want to know what The Third Eye Drops show is all about, look no further than Android Jones.
LISTEN | ITUNES YOUTUBE ARCHIVE STITCHER
These mind melds are brought to you by YOU! Find out how to support us and receive rewards in the process at our Patreon page.
Android’s otherworldly archive of psychedelic masterworks are a feast for the eyes, sure, but they’re more than just a spectacle for your spectacles. Each piece is a rabbit hole unto itself. You can (and I have) sit there and dissect his pieces pixel by pixel, it’s epic stuff.
Even so, Android refers to his art as mere “residue” of a deep ecstatic revelry he comes into contact with when he takes up the pen. As he says in our conversation, “my art is how meditate and my art has always been the way I access the spirit of creation.”
As you’ll hear throughout this chat, Android’s aim is more than art. It’s a revolution in thought, action and purpose. It’s a collective awakening to the cultural conditioning that coerces us into thought prisons and mediocrity. Pretty lofty ambitions for one man, but then again, maybe that’s fitting because it feels like the spirit that’s flowing through Android and his work is bigger than him to begin with.
In a roundabout way, I’ve also more or less described what’s driving me to embark upon this Third Eye Drops thingamajig, so there you go!
- Topics of musing in this conversation (in no particular order) include:
- How Android got his nickname
- Major catalysts for change both personal and creative in life
- The need for rites of passage and initiatory experiences
- Burning Man
- Artistic Challenges
- How important it is to never discourage a creative
- The role of technology, virtual reality and augmented reality in art, philosophy and consciousness
- The importance of not measuring your success by the success of others. (There will always be a girl with big boobs who gets twenty times the love you do on social media).
- Casting out the serpent of doubt
- The power/insidiousness of social media
- How to be responsible for your own success and happiness
- Overcoming fear and self-doubt
- When you sharpen a skill enough, you start using it to bring the transcendent into the world and inspire others with it.