Mind Meld 50 | The Orgasmic Miracle of NOW with Cory Allen
“In the process of burning out these confusions, we discover enlightenment. If the process were otherwise, the awakened state of mind would be a product dependent upon cause and effect and therefore liable to dissolution. Anything which is created must, sooner or later, die. If enlightenment were created in such a way, there would always be a possibility of ego reasserting itself, causing a return to the confused state. Enlightenment is permanent because we have not produced it; we have merely discovered it.”
Thirsty for more Michael and Cory mouth stylings? Check out their conversation on Cory’s show.
Musings in this mind meld include –
- Defining Enlightenment
- Digital isolation will soon be considered cruel and unusual punishment
- Our inevitable doom and the crazy ways we cope (or fail to cope) with it
- Spiritual materialism and the pitfalls it leads to
- Is it possible to merge creativity, spirituality and capitalism responsibly?
- Is any amount of materialism healthy, or would we be better off as monks?
- Why Chogyam Trungpa was a bad ass
- Absolutes are absolutely useless
- DON’T CALL ME AN ALIEN!