Mind Meld 76 | You Are What You Build with Luke Storey
Using himself as a human research lab, Luke Storey has explored a broad and sometimes extreme variety of measures to obtain optimal health, performance, and well-being. From surviving being injected with poisonous Amazonian frog venom, to enduring weeks of neurofeedback meditation in an isolation chamber, Luke has scoured the earth for the most cutting edge as well as ancient technologies of healing and personal transformation.
Want more with Luke and Michael? Here’s some Patreon-only content on biohacking, supplements and more.
To pierce the membrane of our potential, we must push. We must fancy ourselves the hero of our own Campbellian mono-myth, even if we’re doomed to fall short.
Whatever self-realization archetype you identify with, working toward it is a continuous feat. You’ve got to transmute your restlessness into action and that action is a central feature of this conversation with Luke Storey. Luke has explored his potential in a numerous ways: Biohacking, neurofeedback, podcasting, meditation, stacks of supplements and a myriad of other methods.
Musings in this mind meld include –
- What happens when success isn’t enough
- Biohacking, brainwaves, depression and neuro-feedback
- Is it possible to control your mood?
- Reality, senses and the brain
- How mindful action changes the brain
- The majesty of blockchain technology and its potential applications
- Conspiratorial speculation and why it’s not a great use of time
- How extremes like heat and cold make you better
- Patreon-only extra on supplements, nootropics and more