Michael Garfield returns to the show for another dip into the conversational ectoplasm!
In addition to being debonair and a brain-melting conversationalist who can talk about basically anything, Michael Garfield is an Austin-based writer, speaker, musician and visionary artist. For more on him, hop through this portal.
Musings in this mind meld include –
- Virtual reality will need a failsafe to remind you you’re in it
- What happens when technology is so advanced we can no longer tell what’s real?
- Yes we’re being lied to, but don’t reject mainstream narratives just to embrace wacky ones
- More has “happened” in the last few months than the entire 16th century
- Information fatigue and navigating “truth” claims
- Internal authority versus external authority
- The rational age has wrestled us away from believing we exist within meaning.
- Subjective experiences can be just as valid as objective ones.
- Is religion just a more primitive version of science, or is it measuring something else?
- There may be no absolute beginnings, but humans think in terms of stories
- Rest in peace, Paul Laffoley
- Personal breakthroughs that reveal hidden worlds
- The scientifically-proven hyper-charged shroom-brain
- Supreme court ruling that people’s technology is a part of them and can’t be unlawfully searched seized
- If we can ever create a hive mind, what would happen to society?
- Being successfully nomadic
- Is the definition of success are changing?
- Is the internet age killing monogamy?