Mind Meld 29 | Amit Goswami and the Conscious Cosmos
Dr. Amit Goswami is a retired professor from the University of Oregon’s Department of Physics where he served from 1968 to 1997 and a pioneer of the new paradigm of science called “science within consciousness,” an idea he explicated in his seminal book, The Self-Aware Universe.
LISTEN | ITUNES YOUTUBE ARCHIVE STITCHER
These mind melds are brought to you by YOU! Find out how to support us and receive rewards in the process at our Patreon page.
If you dig deeply enough into the fabric of reality, you’ll eventually bounce your pickaxe of inquiry off of quantum bedrock. The uniformed layer of potential and spooky circumstances that gives birth to all matter.
To navigate this rabbit hole of rabbit holes, we meld minds with author, philosopher and Theoretical Physicist, Dr. Amit Goswami.
Musings in this mind meld include –
- Amit’s journey from materialist to quantum spirituality
- Amit’s response to the standard materialist view of consciousness i.e., Daniel Dennett’s arguments
- Is there a relationship between physics and consciousness?
- Non-local communication through space and time
- The relationship between consciousness and oneness
- Is the moon there when no one is looking?
- Is the weird behavior in quantum experiments in the micro realm applicable to the macro realm?
- How does Dr. Goswami define consciousness?
- Why the idea of synchronicity is getting so popular
- Choose to find meaning, or don’t. Choose to see connection or choose randomness
- The power of intuition
- Placebo effect
- Meditation’s healing effects and lengthening of tilameres
- Avoiding the “setting sun,” scarcity mindset
- Douglas Hofstadter, Godel, Escher, Bach and the brain as a tangled hierarchy
- The observer implies an object, the object implies an observer
- Was there a time where there were multiple realities?
- Eugene Wigner and his paradox