Mind Meld 100 | An Ocean of Meaning with Dr. Dean Radin
For three decades, Dr. Radin has been engaged in frontiers research on the nature of consciousness.
Launch your conversational curiosity cruiser into murky depths of consciousness, esotericism, science and magic with Dr. Dean Radin.
This week we riff on topics inspired by Dean’s latest book – Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom Modern Science and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe.
Talking points include –
- Michael riffs on confirmation bias and being honest with yourself
- Defining “real magic”
- A smattering of historical, speculative and academic thoughts on magic
- Esoteric thought versus modern scientific thought
- Huxley’s “perennial philosophy” – the common philosophical river running through all spiritual traditions
- How bridging the gap between ancient and modern thought would create a healthier world
- How would people’s minds change if society embraced consciousness and magic as reality?
- Dean’s crazy story of synchronicity
- Do different parts of the world have different vibes?
- Why mastering any art requires the dampening of your ego
- Why modern academia dislikes broad areas of study and favors the narrow and compartmentalized
- How modern popular culture (Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc.) acts as a proxy for spiritual exploration
- Examples of “real magic” (sigils, writing magic, manifestation, thought etcetera).
- Examples of skeptics being forced to confront the mysterious