Mind Meld 94 | What is to give light must endure burning with Andrew Marr
Andrew Marr is a Special Forces Green Beret, Co-Founder of the Warrior Angels Foundation, and author of Tales From the Blast Factory. Andrew went from being a legally disabled, severely depressed addict on dozens of medications to becoming physically, mentally and spiritually whole again.
This conversation, more than any other, put my existential bellyaching into perspective. I truly don’t know if I would have made it out the other side of what our guest, Andrew Marr endured. It’s a harrowing story. There’s addiction, life-threatening health scares, severe depression and chronic brain injury. It’s the sort of tale that reminds you why so many people just tap and take their own lives, especially those who have been to war like Andrew. All the more reason why this story of redemption is massively inspiring.
Unlike many of our mind melds, this isn’t some speculative ontological ramble session where we wax poetic about the nature of consciousness (as much as I dig those). This is practical. It’s what happens when your consciousness processing machine is fucked, yet you keep scratching and scraping forth toward a faint glimmer of hope. It’s really one of the purest distillations of human triumph and will I think we’ve ever explored.
Musings In This Mind Meld
- Alternative healing modalities – breathing, The Wim Hof Method, meditation, mindfulness, psychedelic therapy
- Hormone health and where to find the protocol you need if you’ve suffered traumatic brain injury
- Losing your purpose and building a new one
- From the picture of health to 100% disabled and suicidal back to 100%
- The two things you’re always in control of and how they alter your perspective
- Finding your way through the cosmic shit storm
- We must stop treating symptom with drugs and start curing underlying causes
- It’s possible to transmute the worst thing in your life to the best thing
Books mentioned –